We have the pleasure of introducing our newest Krimson Klover brand ambassador. Meet Heather...
This Rocky Mountain Native may be known as Just a Colorado Gal from her ever-popular blog, but that is just the beginning of what Heather Balogh Rochfort is all about. Growing up in the Front Range she was a competitive dancer as a child – something that boosted her confidence and got her tapped into how great it feels to move. Once she hit her late teens, she was engulfed by the desire to get out of her bubble, to see what the world was all about. Since then, she has done her very best to heed the call of adventure which has lead her to running on trails, sleeping in tents, exploring the open road, climbing big peaks, or traipsing about foreign countries. She cycled (self-supported!) from Colorado to Miami, Florida. She spent over a year in South America - hiking, scuba diving, speaking Spanish and finding herself. Taught skiing in Steamboat, and has now landed back in Denver with her hubby where she helps run her family’s boutique landscape business, publishes her blog, writes for publications like Backpacker Magazine and enjoys everything that Colorado has to offer.
When asked about women traveling and discovering the world alone, her advice is simply “Do it and don’t be scared.” She believes women tend to be more tentative to try new things but there is so much great stuff to see and do out there. “Give it a try. Take the leap. You will miss out if you don’t.”
Where are the Top 5 places you’d rather be?
- New Zealand – Somewhere I have longed to visit. It’s at the top of the list.
- Bhutan – To complete the Snowman Trek. Nine passes over 16,000 feet high.
- Nepal – Hike the Annapurna Circuit, the Dhaulagiri Circuit, and the Upper Dolpo Trek
- Tanzania – Hike Mt Kilimanjaro
- Dolomites – Climb Via Ferrate
What is your go-to outfit?
- Jeans, boots and sweaters. Comfy but cute. Fashion and function is the rule of thumb for Colorado style. Always ready for the next adventure.
Morning person or night person?
- I am a morning person. No doubt about it. I’m up and out of by 6:30 at the latest. Hit the coffee maker and then sit and relax for about 30 minutes to get my head on straight before I start my day.
Best advice you’ve been given?
- “Plan your life. Live your plan.” Inspiring words from my father how taught me that knowing what you want and what it takes to get it. Find out more about Heather on her incredible blog Just a Colorado Gal.